Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Third Kid Debate

I remember after I had my first, everyone would constantly ask when we were going to have another one.  I'm talking, before Owen was even crawling people were asking us when it would happen.  When we told everyone we were "finally" pregnant with our second, Evan, everyone breathed a sigh of relief...like we had fulfilled some promise to them or something.  But now, we're thinking of trying for a third baby at the end of the year.  Well, you would think we told people we are moving to Australia or something when we tell them.  They gasp very dramatically like we are making the worst decision ever.  People tell us, "Don't do it.....you'll be outumbered!" or they say things like, "you want a girl THAT bad?" I really don't understand why it's any concern of anyone else's how many children we have.  We're not on welfare, we're not begging family members for money, we are perfectly self-sufficient and make, if I may so, extremely beautiful babies.  Why should we stop? And maybe I do want a girl THAT bad....maybe, God forbid, we'll have another one after that!! So there, we're going to try for third beautiful little boy or girl, like it or not:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment